Monday, September 08, 2008

Cooking @ Home (Tuna Curry Puffs)

I've been cooking a lot in the last couple of days after almost a week of being lazy and uninspired. ...but even eating good food out gets a little tiring; and I find myself back in the kitchen but a little more inspired to make new dishes :)

Today, I decided to make use of the four cans of Ayam brand tuna curry that my friend Connie so generously shared with me to make tuna curry puffs. I know, it sounds nasty to some of you - and I was a little apprehensive myself lol!! When I told the king what I was going to make, the man literally ran out of the door lol. Yes, he was going to work too but the thought of tuna curry puff just seemed awful to him.

So I got some fresh hot peppers (chilli), shallots and garlic, grounded then together then fried them in oil to bring out the flavor of all three ingredients. Added the four cans of tuna curry, some Thai chilli paste which also added some sweetness to it (instead of sugar) and a bunch of thinly sliced onions. Voila - below the end product.

I used store-bought puff pastry and and a couple of hours later...

They're pretty tasty... and yes, when the husband got home, he ate six mini tuna curry puffs (not the above sized ones as they are medium sized) with beer with no complaints hee hee.

No comments: