Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Off To Tokyo

I can't believe April's almost coming to an end and this is my first trip to Japan! Ever since the semi big move to Seattle, my traveling schedule has slowed down quite a little... no complains on my end though... I enjoy my old and new friends in Seattle and there is always something to do even when I'm alone. Of course, the cloudy, rainy weather helps my mood tremendously :) Can't say I'm looking forward to the summer but at least I'll have fall and winter to look forward to then lol.

I don't know what I'm looking forward to doing more in Japan... seeing friends or eating all the endless delicious food. Ok, I guess I can see friends and eat good food :) We'll see some of the king's good friends... my friend Julia who is a lot of fun to hang out with 'coz she's nice and also fluent in Japanese; I like to call her my private babysitter lol - the king is ever so thankful I now have a friend in Tokyo so I'm not constantly his little shadow following his every step he takes lol! So J leads, I walk and we just have a good girlie time... and of course, like all my other (Singaporean) friends, good food is always on the agenda :)

We're sitting here at American Airlines' flagship lounge killing time. Another hour to go. I've had so much to eat now that the lunch food spread is out, I can't even imagine getting up to check out what they're serving lol. I've had a toasted raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese, three cups of tea, a bag of salt and vinegar chips and ummm... oh, a few slices of watermelon and cantaloupe... arrgh!

I've never seen this lounge so crowded before. Annoying! I'm cranky... sleepy... looking forward to getting on the plane to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night.

See all of you when we get to the Asian continent.

No comments: