Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Back To Everyday Life In Seattle

Not too much exciting has been going on since we returned from our big Aussie trip. I mean, living in downtown Seattle on an everyday basis is fun on it's own so I can't complain too much.

It was nice to run to Target, Costco and Uwajimaya yesterday to get the house stocked up again. I don't know what was going on at Costco but it was accessively crowded and it was hard to find a parking spot like a weekend - arrgh! I should have waited for the husband since I could barely pick up the carton of bottled water and I sure couldn't even reach for the bloody watermelons let alone pick them up. Gotta' make another trip there when the king has some time to accompany me... I miss my watermelon juice and I'm sure he does too :)

I've just been meeting up with friends, making plans to meet up with more friends next week, running errands and surprisingly, cooking! Honestly, I did get tired of restaurant food in Australia even though it was very good Chinese food; I was ready for some home cooked food. Mom doesn't ever cook in Oz 'coz she's the kind of cook that makes a big mess and dad is the type who likes the place spotless (like me). So having to stomach the mess left by the kids already, I'm glad mom didn't attempt to make any of my favorite dishes 'coz the place would have been completely in chaos lol! My brother cooked a meal of pasta with scallops and rockets (arugula) and a mussels with white wine dish - a couple of my favorite dishes that he makes... he compared himself to Gorden Ramsey hahaha and we played along until he asked me to chop him more garlic 'coz he'd burnt the last batch I'd chopped LOL! Crazy brother of mine :) But yes, more cooking - I think the husband likes that I'm cooking again too. I know he certainly got enough of Chinese everything on this trip; although I do only make Chinese food at home, it's more home-cooked food.

It's a cloudy Wednesday morning (ok it's a little dark to tell but that's what the meteorologists just predicted) and today brings some excitement as I'm meeting a fun fellow Singaporean friend of mine in the International District. No specific plans but Connie and I always have fun chit chatting and laughing. Like me, she's a laugher :) I liked her the minute I stepped into her house a few months ago when she invited a bunch of people (strangers but all Singaporeans and/or Malaysians) over for Chinese New Year celebrations. Connie is ang moh (Caucasian) but born and bred in Singapore. Yes, you read right. We don't get much of local ang mohs back home (they're mostly expats) but we all know I meet the best of them lol! It's always fun to see her - I can't wait for her to move closer into the city so we can see each other on a regular basis hee hee. Then tomorrow, it's bowling with Julie and Eric - not our regular downtown Japanese Julie & her Eric but the other pair of Singaporean Julie and American Eric LOL! No wonder the husband gets a little confused sometimes...

Right, it's off to the kitchen to make some barley drink for my sweetie...

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

And to think I missed reading this!! That is so funny about the two Julie's with their two husbands named Eric. I met a lady in Japan and her name was Connie- and guess what her husband's name was- DANIEL! ha ha! That just seemed so funny- she was from Singapore-- but the difference was she was chinese and I am ang moh.

We have to go to Hing Loong AGAIN! BEST PLACE!!!