Thursday, April 03, 2008

Home In Seattle

It's been only minutes since we stepped back into our home and it feels pretty darn good! Sure I miss my nieces like crazy and I miss the sense of safety being around my parents... it's a different kind of safety as being with the husband... I can't really explain it. I mean, with mom I kind of feel like I have to take care of her but the many little things she does for me is priceless! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. It makes me feel like a little girl being at home all over again. I enjoy that for short (very short) periods of time :)

But being back at my own home with my own rules, seeing my clean and very organized refrigerator, the no-mess, no toys in every corner of the apartment, I certainly am glad to come home to. I have to add, glass tables and kids just don't go hand in hand... dad didn't have grandkids yet when he furnished this place so it was impossible to stay clean. Even tho' on this trip I barely played maid to the family (tho' I did countless loads of laundry and did manual dishes a few times), I don't think the husband minded that at all. Previously, I guess I did go overboard with the cleaning; but with the kids around, I barely had time to play with them never mind clean the bloody apartment lol. It was nice to have my early morning hours hanging out with mom and catching up with news about relatives at home whom I care about dearly... sure gossips were included but it was just plain nice to be able to be with mom to make her happy just sitting next to her. I know 'coz... well I could just feel it.

What is up with my brother and his wife's body temperature?!?! They both seem to love playing homage to the bloody heater! I don't know why even tho' my brother was raised the way I was in the same houses and same temperature, he seems to have a different regular body temperature compared to mom, dad and myself. Both him and my sil loved turning on the heater up to 24 degrees and every time I walked into the apt, I would swear under my breath, turn off the heater, turn down the temperature and open the sliding doors to let in the cool sometimes cold breeze. Of course they would bitch and complain but majority wins. I am majority lol! I don't want my nieces to grow up loving hot weather LOL! Actually, Emma's already told me she hates the sun so that's one good direction as far as I'm concerned :D Sure she's three and she'll change before the next time I see her... but for now, she certainly is my own little mini-me and I absolutely adore her! Hannah is a happy little one year old who smiles constantly. She flirts with her uncle, the king, but once he holds her, she cries big fat tears. It's quite funny since the uncle wouldn't give in to tears :)

I'm glad we did this big trip to hang out with the family and I'm even happier that the husband survived it without much bruises. Sure there were moments of tension but it's all between the set of grandparents and the younger set of parents. Nothing the king nor I can help nor control. Of course I'm on my parents side but hey, I don't live in that household so I'm keeping (or I'll try as long as I can) to keep my lips sealed until I hear more from mom...

Overall a successful trip. I don't want to see peking duck or lobster noodles for awhile lol! Sushi for dinner tonight!!!

No comments: