Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Three Time's A Charm?

Well, we were on our way to Bangkok... everything went smoothly till we boarded flight AA153 in Chicago. The sensor on the plane was broken and while we sat in the blasting freezing plane for a couple of hours and made small talk to the fellow passengers sitting on the same row as us, they finally announced that the plance was going out of service and that we would have to change planes.

YES(!) of course we missed our connection despite having a generous 3 hour layover for us to change terminal, get dad's special Nikka whiskey and maybe make a phonecall or two.

Last night, for the third time in a good five weeks, we went through customs in Japan again and strolled into arrgh... Japan... together with about 100 other unfortunate souls, checked into the not so nice Narita Excel Tokyo Hotel. I suppose I was so beat and pissed by the time we got to the hotel, the last thing to complain about was the room (I'd admit it's much bigger then our room in Osaka lol) and the set meal provided at the Japanese restaurant in the hotel. Bruce rested peacefully while I layed in bed (pissed that I slept too much on the plane) in my hotel yukata (Bruce commented that I looked like a hospital patient the first thing he got up - not THAT funny!) and watched CNN most of the night - like I need to know more about the damn situation in the Middle East? (SNORE). Yes of course I'm sleepy and cranky now lol. But what's new?!

So once again, we're on our way to BKK. Here we are sitting at JAL's smokey ass Sakura Lounge while my brother, sister-in-law, Emma (and nanny in tow, of course!) are on their short flight there already. American Airlines has wasted our one night hotel at the Oriental and a good five hours away from our niece which we're flying a gazillion miles to go spend time with. Sorry ass airlines and airline people - I think they're worst then bankers and lawyers!!!

Oh well.... what can you do right?! We can bitch and write all the letters we want after this... can't buy the time that was burnt last night. I just wanna get there in one piece as scheduled today!!!

No comments: