Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Delayed Osaka Curse

So we got through our Osaka without much of a hitch (minus the hotel situation lol). But since we got home, my poor husband has been so sick with high fever and stomach problems. The poor guy. All day yesterday, he was either in bed watching tv in a foetal position or dead to the world, trying to sleep it out to fight the returning high fever.

Last night, he finally had a bite to eat. Melted provolone in crispy pita. I don't know about you, but back home we believe dairy isn't a good thing for diahrea. Everyone here seems to believe differently though. So cheese it was. It didn't help that while we watched the World Series of Pop Culture on VH1, they played the bloody Taco Bell ad for their new spicy chicken crunch wrap forty five times which tortured my poor husband lol. The image of melted cheese can kill a man who hasn't eaten all day hahaha!

I'm hoping he'd be alright and will be able to at least get out of bed today and have a decent meal.

Sometimes it's a little scary when you're responsible for someone else's health. I mean, when I was younger, there was always someone I could go to and whine and tell them how sick I was and I'd be taken care of. I had my mom at home and when I left home at 17, I had a nice young couple who were my friends who would take care of me. It was miserable being alone in Arizona when I was really sick with the flu and worst now that I am supposed to be the caretaker. I'm no doctor and all the home remedies I know are from the 17 years I stayed at home and gotten from mom... It's times like that that makes me even MORE glad I don't have a kid. I would so panic if I had to try and take care of a sick child when he or she can't even tell me what the hell is wrong lol.

Oh well, such is the mood this morning... sleepy (my time difference is still messed up so I'm just hanging out and staying out of the heat - air-conditioning is SO nice to have and be around lol) and hoping the husband feels better. He took some po chai pills last night so I think the stomach should ease up a little... as long as he eats, I'm happy.

No comments: