Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back From Bangkok

Though our flight out there via Chicago and Tokyo took awhile - to say the least - we made it to Oriental Bangkok; albeit a good 14 hours later.

The trip specially planned to spend time with Emma was very very nice. We, yes, including the Tay family, had a really good time just hanging out, getting to know my now-walking niece and got to spend a lot of time together in the pool everyday, had side-by-side cabanas where we napped and ate and just had good times. We ate a lot of good food - but that's no surprise, I know - had new experiances eating at road side stalls and my one big trauma - getting into a toilet with a toilet seat only to realize there was no toilet paper and no flush TOO LATE hahahaha! That was quite an experiance. But while I wasn't amused with the entire situation while going through it, I laugh about it now - 'coz what else am I gonna' do about it lol.

It was a short four day trip. We all wish it was a couple of days more. Next time at the Oriental will be longer for sure. Then again, I suppose like the husband believes, it's better to leave wanting more than leave thinking you've seen and done and wanted everything out of the place you just visited. Makes sense to me. I'm going to see my niece (and family of course) in a few months in Oz. I can't wait. By then, she'd be running, saying more words and be even more fun to play with.

By the way, I'm about 8,000 miles away from making Platinum Executive on American Airlines and I'm totally psyched about it :) Bruce says I'm probably the only unemployed PE (certainly in Memphis) hee hee. Even he might make it to be a PE this year with the crazy summer travels this year. I'd probably make the special 25th annivasary rewards for platinum executive travellers by the end of the year (make an extra 25,000 miles on top of making PE) so I'd be even more 'special' (not special ed) and I believe get another free round trip international upgrade hee hee. So exciting :D

No comments: