Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Luncheon With The Ladies

I just came home from having lunch with the ladies at Adventures of Daytime Dining.

Today is the last Wednesday of the month and if you're part of the New Neighbors here in Memphis (and look at the calender in the newsletter), you'd know it's just another day to go have a nice lunch with other ladies who have also signed up to meet others alike. The group is called Adventure's in Daytime Dining. ...or something like that. I don't know. I signed up for the food. So it's a bunch of ladies who don't work, and all (but me) have waaaayyy too much too much on their schedule even for a simple lunch, and get together at a nice restaurant with good food and hang out to talk. Okay, a bone to pick: I don't know why we need to pick a nice (or different) restaurant each month if all these women are gonna' eat is a phucking head of lettuce! This is not even a hearty salad hahaha. Today, their little sorry salad looked like a side salad of lettuce, maybe spinach, thin slices of tomatoes with two sorry ass pieces of fresh mozzerella in it. So that's how they keep their skinny figures in place. Shit! Let me be fat... and happy!!! I had the villa pasta or something like that. Seafood (scallops, shrimps and mussels) with angelhair pasta in a homemade white wine sauce. YUM! Garlicky, buttery and just delicious :D I was full and very happy indeed. I looked over at their salad. How can they call that lunch?! It's rabbit food and shit, my rabbit would eat a helluva' lot more than those two pieces of romaine lettuce!

There were only six of us today. A very small group compared to the big group of at least 10-12 women we're used to. The conversation was dull. Today, everyone (but me again) talked about their kids... how awesome they are, how bright they are, how fast they are, how clever they are, how perfect they are and how they loved them all lol. Okay, maybe not like that but pretty damn close to my virgin ears. I was bored stiff. It was either kids or their diet . Where are the normal women?! Don't people talk about shallow stuff like shopping, shoes and clothing anymore?! ...or food! Why can't they be like Singaporeans and have an in-depth conversation about food, glorious food... while eating lol.

No matter. I should be used to this by now. I now realize why I don't have THAT many friends lol. Okay, so I'm the odd one. The one who can't stand bright sunny days at seventy degrees, the one who can't stand gorgonzola of any form, the one who doesn't think all babies are cute, the one who doesn't care what people say about her, the one who enjoys doing laundry, the one who deals with long neverending flight just cause, the one who loves cloudy and/or rainy days, the one who is just different from everyone else. Hey... at least I'm happy.

No comments: