Thursday, April 06, 2006

Adventures @ The INS

Since my past postings about the INS, see: INS Makes Me Have Road Rage and INS Part II, it's been awhile since we have had to deal with the INS (Immigration & Naturalization Service). I would hardly call their work there 'service'. But that's another story for yet another day.

I got my stamp for my permanent green card today!!! Does that mean I'm more legal then I was yesterday? MAYBE! I'm supposed to get my Green Card within month. We'd see.

The interview process this morning was a joke and a half! We went in with Tim, our 20-something year old lawyer who is volunteering to represent us costing us absolutely nothing 'coz he's not a slimeball like Barry Frager (Tim btw, used to work for Barry) which made me feel a little better since he was there at our first interview as well. He knew the interviewer and they started small talk and lead us to the lady's office. We sat down, had normal conversations like we would at a cocktail party, she looked at some of our pictures from our past travels, looked at some bills and asked for my passport. Huh!? That's it? The entire ordeal took 5 minutes! I'm serious! Why do they need to do this to people like us when it's so darn obvious that we're legitimately married and give people Green Cards without an interview to people like Tim's other client, a divorced Nigerian man who was just locked up last year for assult or something. No interview! I'm glad this went smoothly or I would bust another blood vessel from rage lol.

But it's over for now. Thank goodness!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dear, at least they didnt make u do medical 3 times cos they took too long to complete within the timeframe they were suppose to so they tell u that yr medical had expired and off u go to do another major full medical. Me and 2 kids costs me abt 900. Then they send notice to inform of interview and at same time,dated same date another notice to say it was cancelled. File was transf to California and they needed more evidence. Exactly.. wht the !#*@$%!! They spend time wasting money and effort on those who are legitimately here in an attempt to accidentally screw things up for us. No wonder the beanos are smart and found the shorter, cheaper way and yet get so much lee way before they really get deported. Still they have other recourse or perhaps get total amnesty. Why dont they jus leave us alone with expidited PR status and get those who really try to make monkeys out of them. Try jumping higher over the border to see if they can see any illegals as I heard the average height of them has shrunk to 5'9". Maybe after jumping on the job instead of sitting on the job, wld make them taller...