Monday, February 06, 2006

Chinese New Year Party 2006

Well, our annual CNY party came and went. It was overall very successful and I'd like to believe everyone had a nice enough time. Food was plentiful and so was booze - with the help from the bottle of Chinese alcohol that Hopie brought which had the boys doing shots in no time. It was fun and funny to see. I resisted as much as I could have done a couple of shots... but someone had to do the clean-up after the party despite having Tracey's (cleaning lady aka bartender for the evening) help. Seeing how these boys obviously know how to party, we've got to have a MUS Class of '80 party here soon :)

A couple of issues however, after this party:

1. When you say you're gonna be at a party, you turn up. When you can't, you call. I think ROMT was a little disappointed when we waited and waited and his principal - the same one who just had a big ass speech at chapel about 'kindness' failed to turn up at the party. Maybe ROMT needs to give a speech about 'courtesy'. :) I guess I'd find out why he didn't turn up. Bruce's guess is: kids' problem. My guess: They forgot. Either way, the party went on...

2. When you go to party and you enter seeing a shitload of shoes at the door, it's understood that you need to remove your shoes. If not, pay attention and THINK. Worst, if the host tells you 'you need to remove your shoes', then bloody hell DO IT! My sil had a problem with this... on the party day itself and the day after when she boldly walked into our house with her damn platform boots with her older daughter in her 2 months old Ugg boots that we got that used to be purple, now gray from dirt and her friend Kara's also dirty boots, into the house. WTF?! On the day of the party, she called to ask if I was gonna' MAKE her take her shoes off. I was adament. 'DUH'!? It's my house and my party! She claimed that her shoes MADE her outfit. I should have told her it would have to be a well fitted bra!! She said she wanted to look taller and slimmer. SHIT! If a pair of damn platforms can make me look taller and slimmer, I'd be the first to be wearing a pair even if it meant vacuuming every damned day. Ok, maybe not, but c'mon!! You've been INVITED to come to a party. You don't phucking ask if you can wear your dirty old shoes into people's house for your own vanity. This is a Chinese household. If you want to wear your shoes, stay home and parade your phucking shoes in your living room all you want! Guess who's written out of the guest list for next year's party?! Hell, women should be thanking me for not having to wear their shoes at the party for a few hours. I for one love my shoes. But if anyone gave me the opportunity to take them off, trust me, they will be off! Tall and/or slim aside, I want to be comfortable. IDIOT!

Okay, there was only supposed to be two issues but I got a call from the sil earlier. This is another issue I have with the general Americans who come and eat at my house. Why is it that everytime you taste something you'd say 'OMG you HAVE to give me this recipe!'. First of all, I don't have a recipe to anything I cook. Second of all, what makes you so sure I even want to share it with you?! I have with certain people but there are just some who just ask and ask and become a pain in the you-know-where. What is it with these white girls?! The sil says I NEED to give her ALL the recipes to ALL the dishes I cooked at the party. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Just 'coz I don't have a job doesn't mean I love to waste my time either.

So yes, those are my issues. Other than that, I had a ball. I just had to let it out somewhere and what better place then here ;p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would you think about my neighbor's teenage son walking over the lawn bare feet and then walking in my house?

I like it when people take their shoes off too, yes, shoes are evident by the door, but the idiot parents should not laugh and think it was acceptable for their son to walk into my house with dirty feet.