Friday, February 24, 2006

Getting Home

Osaka’s kansei international airport was a little disappointing. It’s huge, clean (very unlike Narita) and… empty – at least the sub-terminal where American Airlines sat. I was hoping to get some duty free shopping done during my three hour layover but… nothing. I do however thank my sweet sweet husband for all the exposure in Japan. I felt so at home I actually ordered ramen (ramen o-ne-gai-shi-masu!) at the little café (not the nice fancy type mind you lol), sat there and amen slurped myself silly lol. Can’t wait to get back there in a couple of weeks. I miss Tokyo! Ok, it’s the food… but more than anything, it one of the cities where I feel most free – certainly the opposite feeling from being ‘home’ in Singapore lol where I feel stifled and watched. Maybe ‘coz we’re there in Japan so much… I totally understand why the husband feels so comfortable there. Why we return again and again. I guess it’s one of those places where you feel you can be anyone… be yourself. After all, nobody knows who we are there. So I don’t speak their language (tho’ I wish I did) but so what?! …and while I know like all other Asians are judgemental, Japanese are so damn polite they don’t make you too self conscious about being weird. Maybe someday, when we strike that big lottery, we’d buy my dream apt and move there… ok, I guess I’d have to work on the language soon.

Well, here I sit on 23c with nobody next to me for the next three seats. Awesome! I’ve slept for gawd knows how many hours . Only four more hours to go. We’re already in north America somewhere… I’m almost certain I’m NOT gonna’ make my connection but oh well… they’d just have to put me on a later flight… I’d have to see my sweetie pie a couple of hours later. Will I live :D

No comments: