Saturday, February 18, 2006

If It's Good Enough for Jacques Chirac...

it's good enough for me :D

After a long long flight via Dallas (four hours layover), Narita (2 hr layover but almost missed my connection 'coz I'm an idiot - another story for another day), I finally made it into always-hot-and-humid Bangkok. The flights were fine albeit neverending... I got lucky and only got to share the row of 5 seats with a typically heavy-drinking Japanese businessman. On the flight from Tokyo here, got to share a three seat row with King Kong Bundi (sp?). No, not the real KKB but a very big but very friendly Canadian coming to Thailand for the first time for business. We chatted a lot. I think he was just happy to talk to anyone after an even longer flight then me. He went from Ottawa-Chicago-Tokyo-Bangkok. Better him than me.

Yes, the President of France is here at the Oriental Hotel. I arrived at the hotel at past 1am with security and an airport metal detector starring at me at the entrance of the hotel. He leaves today, I believe and in a couple of days, the King and Queen of Spain arrive. Do I feel special or what. Actually, no. What I feel is bloody safe lol.

Yes, it certainly is good to be back at the Oriental. The only regret, ROMT isn't with me... I wish he was but as I always say, someone's got to be responsible and pay the bills... and buy the big ass lottery ticket we're gonna win in a few hours lol. I miss him... missed him even more trying to fill out customs forms, going through immigration and checking-in here. Having to be responsible for myself just sucks, feels odd and a real pain in the you-know-where :D

Well, I skipped the last meal served on American Airlines and skipped everything on JAL (except the much needed cold cold yummy Japanese ice cream sandwich). I got in, took the coldest shower possible, got the internet connected (missed Bruce all over again) and eventually got some room serice at 3am. AH! Pad Thai from the Oriental. Taste of heaven... or the husband's cooking lol. For some reason though, it just didn't taste perfect without sharing it with Bruce :(

Not much to report yet... the Tay family is enroute here and I'm just hanging out online. I'm still stuffed from my dinner/breakfast so no buffet breakfast this morning lol. I'm looking forward to seeing Emma and dressing her in the little tiny outfits I got her hee hee. (I can hear the husband rolling his eyes lol!!)

More to say in a later post.

I miss my husband...

No comments: