Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Secret Identity To Be Revealed

Tonight, or in the near future, my not-so-secret, secret identity as the Queen of the Mountain Tortoise might soon be revealed to my sil. Yup, imagine... she'd be reading all these blogs about my mil and herself. How? Why? When? Who? What?

Well, after a nice long nap this afternoon, the husband and I thought a longer drive for dinner out to midtown to have some yummy Vietnamese pho and lemongrass tofu would be nice change. We had a nice dinner, saw familiar faces and since it wasn't even 8pm after the meal, we thought we'd venture downtown to see just how well the sil and bil's always-packed (her words, not ours) was doing. We drove by Cafe 61 fast and unnoticed like a thug in a drive-by-shooting. It was full of people alright. Full of people standing outside reading the menu lol.

After that, I suggested dropping by the sil's to give Marley the Christmas present we'd got for her that's been sitting in the trunk of my car for the last couple of months. Everytime my exercise mat touches it, Dora the Explorer goes "SPLASH(!) I LOVE SWIMMING IN MY POOL". Once Bruce was driving and heard it and almost drove off the road lol. We figured it wouldn't be too hard to buy her anther present in the near future.

So we did just that... and not a minute had gone by and already he was summoned by the sil to deal with hr computer problems. He solved it, of course... and continued to teach his sister about the difference between websites and blogs... and then went further to teach her how to build one. That's when he almost made the faux pas of revealing the identity of my blog. He was trying to tell her how simple it is to create a blog ie, even retards like me could lol. First he showed her his blog where she read the post about the fortune cookie before the mil went for her surgery. She asked "how did you get the name Mountain Tortoise?". He brotherly answer, 'don't worry about it'. Now only if you had a brother like my husband would you deal with that answer with complete SILENCE. I was laughing hysterically inside my head. He went on, 'yeah it's really easy to create a blog... even...' I was like OH NO YOU DON'T!!!! Fortunately, he caught himself hahahaha. Changed the subject and went on to step two on creating her blog for the restaurant.

If my sil is as nosey as I am, or half as curious as her brother is, she'd start reading his blog entries tonight and find a link to my blog. Of course, that would mean she'd have to remember the link or go through the trouble of goggling mountain tortoise... and she gets there, actually take time to read through his links or read his articles and actually pay attention to the links. That is, if she knows that the highlighted words ARE links. At least at the writing of this, she doesn't know YET lol. If you see a nasty comment, you'd know it's her lol.

No comments: