Saturday, October 22, 2005

Where Have I Been?

It's been awhile since I have logged in an entry... There is SO much to report but I've been just sitting stagnant lately not willing to write. Why?! Well, I'm a little bitter about not winning the lottery, not losing weight despite all the exercise I've been doing (but no dieting of course) and most of all, having to return from a trip. Usually when we travel, by day three or four, I'm often looking forward to getting home to our own bed, our own space, our own home; despite home being out in the middle of nowhere boondocks. Nonetheless, it's still home to us.

Last Wednesday started fall break and Bruce and I boarded the first flight out to Dallas and got on our merry way to Bangkok, Thailand. It's been two years since we were last there (and back then I didn't want to leave either) and this time, we were meeting my brother and his wife, Geraldine, and my still very much insane buddy, Mathi, who was flying in from Copenhagen via Hong Kong, via Jakarta, via Singapore whilst on a so-called business trip so he could make it out to meet us on time. What a ball!! 27 hours on the plane later, we finally arrived. Ahhh, The Oriental... To say the least, nobody wanted to leave! ...and that's a fact! We introduced 'The Oriental' to Kevin and Geraldine and it certainly sounds like neither of them will want to stay any where else the next time they are in Bangkok on vacation. It's simply an awesome place to stay... the service, the food, the little things they do for you... anything and everything! Actually, never mind staying there for a short vacation. That's how and where I'd like to live! Yes, living at the Oriental Bangkok would be a dream come true. If I'd hit the $340M lottery the other night, that's where you would have found Bruce and I.

I put on 2 pounds in Thailand - naturally. But I've gone straight back to my exercise routine... arrgh imagine... I worked out six weeks in a row prior to our trip and not a pound or an inch lost. Four days in friggin' Bangkok and I put on 2 pounds. What kind of a world is this?! It's just not fair! I don't care if my heart is stronger. I don't even care if I'm beating my 100 laps every morning by 1 min these days... I still can't fit into my fat clothes, never mind the less fat ones. ...so you see why all the pent-up bitterness?

...so that's where I've been.

No comments: