Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sacremento...

well, my weekend... or should I say, my less then 48hrs in Rio Vista, California was worth every minute I was there. The food... oh(!) was just out of this world for me... nasi lemak for breakfast and a wide array of homecooked Singaporean muslim food for dinner... I learnt to make most of what was cooked and especially my favorite dessert, onde-onde. Still can't get over how easy it really is to make.

Of course, I tp'd (tah pow meaning doggy bagged back home) a whole bunch of food back for Bruce; yeah, he was my excuse lol... not that he hasn't been enjoying it. We have a little left which we will definitely finish off tonight. Yum!

I was dropped off at the airport on Sunday morning a little early (the family had a full day of excursion planned) and I figured it shouldn't be a problem. I mean, Sacremento, the state's capital should have a decent enough airport, right? NOT! It sucked! I got to my gate a good two hours ahead of time and all they had was a lame bar and a newstand. Wow... even the small airport in Tucson, AZ and hell, even here in Memphis we have a MUCH nicer and bigger airport. ...and people think Memphis is lame-ass lol. Well, it ain't no paradise but it beats a lot of rural California. Now I don't feel so bad about being in TN.