Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Perfect Guest

My frien, Li, who now lives in San Diego arrived last night at midnight after missing her connection in Houston to Nashville (they were gonna' put her on the flight to Memphis but her checked-in luggage had already left for Nashville... uhhh, what happened to security not allowing luggage to travel without the passenger?). It was great to catching up over some bbq from the Germantown Commissary... one of her main purposes of taking that extra hour drive from Jackson (and of course to see moi lol). We haven't seen each other since she left Singapore in 1996(?). Even Bruce woke up 30 mins upon her arrival and joined us in our chit chat and gossip. Okay, mostly gossip. We stayed up till past 2am... waaaayyyy past my bedtime! Poor Bruce had to be in school at 8am to proctor an exam.

I got up this morning at about 5:15am, made some prata and chicken rendang and at 7:15am, both Li and Bruce got a sumptious breakfast (big treat for Bruce lol). Li left for her 9:30am meeting in Jackson at 8:15am and I went on my morning chores.

Now if only I can get family and other friends to do short trips like that lol.