Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My First Cross Country Adventure

Considering the longest 'car-ride' I've ever been was from Dallas to Memphis (actually that was the longest I'd ever driven - never again!) and our annual drives up to New Orleans for Christmas, this drive out from Memphis to Seattle sure is going to be interesting, especially for me. I'm sure I wouldn't want to be in a car after this long long loooonnngg ride but at least I won't have to drive unless I get really good about not falling asleep - yeah right! Like the king always claim, I can't even stay awake to get past Memphis city limits LOL!

We're hoping to get to Seattle by New Year's Eve to have a little 'party' to bring in 2008. Our new home has an unobstructed view of the Space Needle, so it wouldn't be right not to share it with our friends. Of course, after three to four days confined in the car, we might not be capable of staying up welcome the new year lol... oh I'm sure our friends can certainly enjoy the fireworks without us lol!

Time to get some z's and get ready for the ride tomorrow :) Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Jon Allen said...

Hi Karen,
I just met your husband here in Tokyo on the sake course.

He mentioned you were "QOMT "and sure enough there he is with you in the pictures.

We are looking forward to a week of sake tasting with him and the rest of the group.