Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Simpsons Movie

Wait for the DVD - but that's just my opinion.

We saw the movie the day it opened here in Memphis. The husband is a huge(!) Simpsons fan; so when we got off the plane from Argentina, as exhausted as we were, he was determined to be the first on the block to see it. ...and see it we did! I was afraid it would be packed with kids. I mean, it's summer holidays and who wouldn't go hide in the movie theatre with some popcorn and soda especially with the opening of the much awaited Simpsons movie!?! Well, apparently very few people in Memphis felt the same lol!

I was a little disappointed with the movie. I was hoping it would be a laugh out loud like the South Park movie but what I got was a longer version of a Simpsons tv episode with practically none of the other characters that makes the show so hilarious! If you saw them in the movies, they hardly had any lines... it was a let down for me. No Mister Burns nor his loser sidekick assistant Smithers, bartender Moe, and not even my favorite, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon. Why did they have to go introduce new characters?! ...and what's up with that little Irish kid?! ...and what happened to spider pig!?

It wasn't bad. It just could have been better. Funnier. Stay and watch for the credits where little Maggie says her second word (anybody knows her first?! :D) and the 'few' Korean names in the credits that surprised me :)

No comments: