Saturday, April 22, 2006

Need To Leave!!!

It's been six whole days since we got back from Miami and there is absolutely no travelling plans on my calender for the rest of the year. WHAT?! Yes, really!! Can you believe it? I can't! I'm itching to fly... ok, I'd admit it: I'm trying to make platinum executive this year and dammit, if it means having to fly to Australia twice or going to Shanghai for a couple of days, I shall!

Yes, summer is fast approaching (yukky weather already!) and we'd fly a lot more together. But plans aren't concrete until the e-ticket has been printed and I hate planning and talking and no action. We want to go to SO many places but I know in reality, we'd be lucky if we go to a fraction of the places we want to go and see people we want to visit. I don't know why. It happens every summer. It's annoying. I guess we just get lazy - it's the damn heat of course! It always is the heat. Right now, plans are Japan (DUH!), Hong Kong (free hotel so it's a MUST go), Australia (c'mon before we have to pay for hotel!), China (mega miles), Boston (clam chowder, lobsters and shopping), maybe Seattle...

I've offered to take ROMT somewhere next weekend lol. Yes, I'm getting desperate. Coincidentally, April 28 is the last day in school for the senior boys and ROMT had decided earlier he will not partake in the ridiculous behaviours that day in school nor babysit them. He has taken the day off; which means we can go somewhere Thursday evening or Friday morning. Awesome! Unfortunately, it's already Saturday morning now which means it's less then a week before travel time and the trip will cost me my kidney! AIYOH! Pain in the ass.

Right now, our options are San Franciso - 800 bucks each, Seattle, $950 each, Toronto 490 each, Caribbean or Mexico (I told you I was desperate!) about 1K each... I could see a couple of friends in Toronto but they aren't very exciting. In SF, many friends whom I might not see but we would definitely see Dave and Arturo (see last posting), in Seattle we would hang out with the Shultze's and Julie (if she's around) and anywhere else, we'd just have to wing it and hang out and enjoy new things and people... but where?! ROMT is upstairs (as usual) working on his own thang and I'm being ignored on a too-bright Saturday morning. Maybe weekends aren't my favorite time of the week arrgh!

Need to decide NOW before the price goes up any more. Fine, I'd break the silence.

No comments: