Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Indoor Pool Closed!!!

In the midst of the thunderstorm, I found my way at the 'Y' this morning; slightly proud of myself while I found the parking lot even less crowded then normal at seven in the morning. I thought to myself how the pool would be mine, all mine(!).

To my slight disappointment, it wasn't a quiet day at the pool. The two older gentlemen (who are expert swimmers, by the way) were already doing their regular laps. The water was colder then normal and I began my first 20 freestyle... at lap 10, I was stopped. "Ma'm, there is lightning and we are closing the pool for 30 mins". I got out of the pool in dismay and then wondered why the hell they were closing an indoor pool. The young lifeguard explained that while it is safe IN the pool, the 'deck' ie, the area around the pool, isn't safe. HUH? She was told to close to the pool so it's not her fault. But what does it mean? The deck isn't safe for the lifeguards??? It's enclosed. It's like being at home in my kitchen... hmmm... doesn't make sense to me at all.

So my swim was disturbed and I'm clean and showered. Nah, not going back to the pool. I guess I'd go on the threadmill later today (if I remember lol) and hope no thunder/lightning will accompany tomorrow's rain.