Saturday, November 13, 2004

Back From OZ

What?! No trouble with finding my visa at the Qantas counter at LAX? I actually caught my connection (of course I did have a 7 hr layover)?? No problem admitting me into the country at Melbourne International?! It really was a positive start to going to the same old crappy country I despise. I was so used to having bad encounters with getting there it always left a bad taste in my mouth upon arrival. Bad news however, mom fainted on the plane en route from sg to mel and the crew on SQ (Singapore Airlines) were unprofessional and surprise surprise, IDIOTS. (I'd post my complain later).

It was nice to see mom again. But what was more fun was seeing four cousins whom I haven't seen in almost 6 years, my two cousin's kids, Kitty and YK (or better now known as Jaymie and Edwin these days) whom I took care of a lot when they were kids, who are now 19 and 22 and the two little boys of my other cousin who were toddlers when I last left in '98. Talk about a rude awakening of aging. Arrgh!

Six days went by really quick. Weather was perfect (for me at least tho' we all enjoyed the cloudy days) and the best part to getting such a big group together was updating me with gossips and events that have mom have overlooked on keeping me on track. Needless to say, I realize mom isn't all that into keeping updated herself! :)

A rather different experiance being in Australia without dad... I didn't enjoy having the sole person deciding on where, what and when but I suppose I was the only one who'd been there more than 0 times :) Mom just isn't in the state of mind anymore to lead... ok, she never was. Still, I had a really nice time. I only hope my cousins had a nice time too. I don't think the Melbourne is exactly a city for kids but hey, they're lucky to be there, let alone Australia.

Nice to be home tho'... gawd it nice to be home. Nice to be with the husband again and do our own weekend thing. As much fun as I had on this trip, it'll be awhile before I return again. Usually, it's only because i HAVE to.

No comments: