Monday, June 28, 2004

The Heat... The BBQ... The Familiarity...

Despite the fact that it's been raining all week while we were away, it wasn't pleasant to come back to this heat and humidity. I'm already missing the fantastic weather in SF. But, I won't deny that it's SO nice to be home. No matter how comfortable the hotels boasts of their beds, they're not ours.

It was nice to see Melissa and Ben in SF. We had an ok meal at Sakana; it was impossible to make a last minute reservation anywhere with the influx of people for the gay pride parade... Margaret Cho was performing at the comedy club too and that's been fully booked for weeks ahead! Can't wait to catch up with Mel again on the gossips in a couple of weeks :)

We had a quiet Sunday. The husband stayed in bed on the computer most of the day and then accompanied me to the stores. Yes, it's nice to be driving on familiar roads, going to famialir places and eating yummy Memphis BBQ again. Hard to imagine this city girl can actually get used to and like it here... I'm sure my friends reading this back home would find it hard to fathom.

Well, it's yet another Monday - not that it makes a lot of difference to me what day of the week it is. Got to get back to my routine and back on the darn exercise machines somehow hahaha!