Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm Back... I Promise!

Hello friends! I've been 'away'. Thank you for hanging on... thank you for reading :)

Yes, I've been lazy but partly it's also because I've been thinking of switching blog sites; or having an entirely new one. After all, I'm now in Seattle. I can no longer live being the mountain tortoise that I was now that I'm in a semi big city - time to grow! Even if I am a san-gu/sua-gu deep inside, only those of you reading would ever know - and some of you, I might never meet :)

Yes, we're settled in Seattle. The husband has been away for the last ten days in Japan learning the art of sake making. Yes, as if he didn't know a lot about it already, the man is coming home with a certificate to call himself a professional. Be afraid, be very afraid lol! No I didn't go, can you believe it!? This might be the first trip to Japan the man's gone on his own since we got married! Yeah, I decided to hang out here at home in Seattle instead. Sure it got old after day three and I was ready for his return but it taught me many things while I was on my own. Among many lessons I learned, I was starting to take my husband for granted; his time, his company, his brain... it's hard being on my own and not having a walking googleable-brain next to me. I actually had to use google search to find answers to my unmanageable questions. I needed to key in where I wanted to go to get directions and still get lost. I needed to ask people for help because my one and only walking encyclopedia was not by my side. Yes I owe him a massage when he comes home tonight. Shit, I owe him a lot more than that!!! Get your bloody brains out of the gutter... tho' that isn't such a bad idea right now LOL!

But I'm back... lots to talk about, lots of questions in my head (that are not googleable), lots of stuff I need your input on. Yes, all blog worthy and maybe slowly, you'd all return to reading me on a regular basis again.

No comments: