Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Day In Airports And Planes

It's November 2 and with mixed feelings earlier this morning, I left my laogong and started my trip to Australia to see my family. Why mixed feelings? Well, I'm really excited I'm going to be spending some quality time with my now 18 month old niece, Emma. But that also means being away from Bruce... and having to spend a full day at MEM, DFW and LAX before I finally take my final flight out to MEL late tonight and arrive two days later (due to time change and of course, forever and a day on the plane itself) on Saturday morning. Does that mean I actually skipped a day of meal? Which means I can formally pig-out when I get there? Ok, no, but I will anyhow lol.

This is the first time I'm going to be away from my husband for more than eight days since we got married some five years ago. Okay, five years and almost a week :) Will I live? Yes, even though he said I shouldn't have to cook a bunch of stuff amd freeze them or prepare anything specially for him while I'm gone, I did (last minute). I showed it to him this morning and there were no complaints - so I think he was pretty happy and contented. Thirteen days away... never mind him... will I survive the seperation anxiety?! Can I live with my family for thirteen days? It's been years and years since I spent anything more than a week with them :) No, I'm sure I'll be fine... thank goodness for skype, free international calls, webcams and emails.

No comments: