Sunday, May 02, 2004

Land of Criminals, Accents and Smelly People

It's just way too much trouble coming to this country. I had trouble getting a tourist visa (simply because mine was valid and no one spoke enough English at the Australian High Commission to advice so) and then when I eventually got a new one, the people at LAX airport insisted I got another one. By the time I arrived and went through immigration, they pulled me aside for who knows what, but probably visa problem. What are they like?!

All that and fourteen hours next to the smelliest Australian jerk made me just want to turn back and say 'to hell with you bunch of criminals who speak funny and call Burger King, Hungry Jacks'. Gawd!

Yes, I have arrived. Albeit unpleasant stuck between that smelly jerk and the old man who insisted on sprawling his dwarfy arms and legs onto my side of the two middle seats, I'm glad I'm here in one piece and together with the rest of my family. Of course, after the initial speculation of my weight, color of my skin and new hair color/style, we headed straight to dim sum... or better known to some of you, yum cha. It's so nice for the entire family to be together except we're missing my little sweetie stuck at home on his own. I am NOT talking about the little black pug stuck back at home with Jo... it's my husband stuck home in Memphis, missing me... and I him, of course :( Hopefully, this will be the final trip I'm making on my own this year. It simply is no fun travelling without Bruce... forget what I said earlier when I was in Minnessota... forget liberation, forget freedom. I want my husband with me!!

So I lost a day flying here... which mean my intentions of staying for six days is actually incorrect. Accurately, I will be in Melbourne physically for five full days... a little short considering this ain't no China (hahaha, sorry Pegster, I don't mean you, I'm talking about China and the bloody fools there :D). But I suppose five days certainly beats no days...

We've eaten a couple of times already since my arrival at 9am... it's 6:30pm and dinner is in about an hour or so... I'm ready :) I've done some shopping and my brother and sister in law have bought me a coat and a couple of tops. Boy do I love my family hee hee... I know Marjorie, I'm a lucky bitch - so sue me :)

I'd be home in time to play bunco... in time to celebrate my birthday HINT HINT!

I promise to eat enough for all of you. I'd start swimming when I get back. I promise :)