Monday, June 09, 2008

The King's Birthday In Junuary

It's June but it's nice and cool (sometimes downright cold - definitely still sweater weather which I love!). It's a good 35 degrees cooler here then it is in Memphis! Guess who's happy about that?! :D I suppose once the the rain ends there, we have to return to get the yard sorted out. We've also decided against selling the house... so ummm... we can still go to Memphis to 'play' and see people we like - albeit, not that many :) I'm sure the husband's gonna' deny it but I know the truth lol!

It was the king's birthday over the weekend and we had a nice fun filled two full days. From dim sum with Eric and Julie to foot massages at the Imperial Foot Massage in Chinatown, to trivia night at Shultzy's (that ended up with a dance off lol - we came in a close third, thankfully, so we didn't have to join in the dancing phew! It was a slow night for my brain (no comments on that statement please!)... considering the most exciting parts for me were two questions fit for Einstein: "what was the name of the bad guy in the Smurfs?", and completing the lyrics to a Boys 2 Men song lol! I suppose two points is better then nothing lol)... to lunch at Lao Shi Chuan to doing some lightweight house-hunting to happy hour with Don and Susan and ending the evening with home made Turkish meatball sandwiches.

It's been two weeks since the car's gone to the shop and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it returns today! The husband got it slightly busted up when he drove out of the garage and got a little too close to the huge ass pillar... it's been a little painful without a car but we've been renting a car on weekends and a couple of friends have been nice enough to come pick me up to go out... so I can't complain too much.

I'm not looking forward for the warm weather to get here... but I will say this: while it can get pretty muggy here, it can't get worst then Memphis - that, I'm thrilled about :)

No comments: