Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pa's Birthday

Maybe because of the crowd I'm in these days, sixty doesn't seem to be that old anymore. My father turned sixty today and in the midst of our sushi dinner (due to the 13 hours time difference, we had to call last night), the husband and I called pa to wish him a happy birthday. He sounded to be in good spirits. Good start.

My sweet baby brother took the family to Tenshin (no website yet)- a much talked about Japanese restaurant at the Regent Hotel in Singapore for an uber extravagant tempura lunch. Since I could not think of a good present for pa, I called the Regent Hotel and got Suzie from Something To Go to get a nice chocolate cake delivered to the restaurant via Winnie once the family was done with lunch. Needless to say, the family was happily surprised though the brother had wished I'd been even more thoughtful and picked up the almost S$900 tab. No, of course I left that for mister big shot banker to do his deed :)

No comments: